There has been a lot of interest in an article at Counter-Currents that goes by the sweaty-palmed title “The Caste System of the Alt Right.” It purports to be written by someone called “Michael Bell,” a person I have never heard of before, but who apparently has enough confidence in his leadership qualities to dictate to the rest of the Alt-Right how it should organize itself. This leads me to suspect that Michael Bell is in fact someone much more well-known in our circles, who is possibly being a little coy with us on this occasion. Just who it is…the mind boggles.
While an interesting improvement on recent efforts to excommunicate people wholesale from the movement and thus whittle it down to a tiny ghetto of hard-signalling stormfags, I feel that Mr. Bell’s schemata can do with some mild improvements, so, here without further ado, is my own intricately constructed pyramid of status, with examples of where the various luminaries of the Alt-Right slot effortlessly in. Starting at the top…
- People who use their true names and show their faces, and who espouse sensible but taboo ideas. Examples: RICHARD SPENCER, JARED TAYLOR, PETER BRIMELOW, KEVIN MacDONALD
- People who use their true names but hide their faces, and who espouse sensible but taboo ideas. Examples: GREG JOHNSON, BRETT STEVENS
- People who show their faces but use fake names, and who espouse sensible but taboo ideas. Examples: “MILLENNIAL WOES,” “RAMZPAUL”
- People who hide their faces and use fake names, and who espouse sensible but taboo ideas. Examples: “MICHAEL ENOCH” (When he’s not joking about “gassing the K***s.”)
- People who show their faces and use their true names, and who espouse sensible but not particularly taboo ideas. Examples: MILO YIANNOPOULOS, STEFAN MOLYNEUX
- People who show their faces but use fake names, and who espouse sensible but not particularly taboo ideas. Example: “VOX DAY”
Below this I would have two further categories that are better left out of our movement altogether, but which others, with more of a “big tent” mentality, might wish to include, namely:
- Anybody—true name/face or not—who espouses taboo ideas, but in a repetitively repellent manner that serves to characterize the Alt-Right as “death camp fetishists,” thus limiting our mercurial appeal to the masses of “normies” unhappy with dysfunctional modernity and globalism and ready to be won over to our side.
- Finally, anyone who tries to impose rigid hierarchies on the free-flowing spirit and energies of the Alt-Right, and treats a metapolitical upsurge and cultural insurrection as a piece of personal control freakery and lockstep formation marching.